Several people have asked what our schedule is this year, so here you go:
Jan 17-18 Mt. Hood Ski Bowl (2GS)
Jan 24-25 Willamette Pass (2SL)
Jan 31-1 Silver Mtn. (2GS)
Feb 14-15 Bogus Basin (2SL)
Feb 19-21 Steamboat, CO (Regionals)
Mar 2-7 Winter Park (Nationals)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those terms loosely),
Here's the breakdown of the meeting from Thursday night:
- The TGR movie premier for us is coming up FAST. It's still slated for Wednesday, November 5th at 7 and 9 pm in the SUB Ballroom. We've got lots of stuff to do that night, so try to block your schedule out from around 6pm to 11 or so. Anyways, we'll need to help with setup and ticket sales and other misc. stuff. I'd really really REALLY encourage all of you to be there as it's one of our biggest fundraisers of the year. There's an after-party at the Coeur d'Alene Brewery Alehouse here in Moscow (open to all ages) where the ticket stubs can be redeemed for discounts, too.
- I passed out posters to hang around campus. I'll have more printed up this weekend so if you can help me out with the hanging/display of them shoot me an email or whatever with when you're free. We'll also try to get some mailbox sized ones to throw in the Greek and Dorm mailboxes. I want to be able to go anywhere on campus and see a flier for the movie. Remember: the more people at the movie, the better our revenue, and the less fundraising we'll have to do later. One huge selling point is that every ticket to the movie (or maybe it's the first 200...I'm not sure) gets a day pass to Silver Mountain and the first 75 to each show get another one to Lookout. If you're telling people about the show let them know that; it's a great way to get people out there.
- We've got a table at the Commons to sell tickets on November 4th and 5th from 10:20ish to 1:30. Please help out when you can. There will be copious amounts of AMP'D there to hand out/consume.
- We'll have a Ski Team only premier of the movie this coming Wednesday at our intrepid Jess Stewart's residence. I'm bringing speakers and a projector, but you're on your own for food/drinks for the show. The exception is that I'll have lotsa AMP'D energy drink for our consumption again. The movie is 1 hour and 6 minutes long and we would like to start around 8-8:30ish that night so show up around then. Jess' place is at 1153 West A St. apartment #11. It's the complex behind Tri-State and can be found (for the directionally challenged) at http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1153+West+A+St.+Moscow,+ID&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title. Give me a call at 406-698-1189 if you still can't find it.
- USCSA and USSA information is still due. The appropriate information and links can be found on our blog at http://www.uiskiteam.blogspot.com/
- CANADA TRIP: We have (maybe) 1-3 seats left. Get $75 to one of the officers to reserve your slot. Also, Lake Louise will be open at this time, so if you want to ski you're welcome to, but remember that tickets are probably around $70 for a full-day pass.
I think that's everything...well, hope it is.
Posted by Cam Stefanic at 7:50 PM